Thor’s Mjolnir Hammer
In Norse mythology, Mjolnir is the hammer of Thor, the Norse god associated with thunder. Mjolnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome and powerful weapons in existence, capable of leveling mountains.
How Thor get Mjolnir?
Freyr got a golden boar to pull his chariot (which he loved). Odin a gold ring that would replicate itself. And Thor, they gave Mjolnir (although because Loki interrupted their work in the form of a fly the handle was shorter than intended). Regardless Thor loved the hammer and they won the bet.
Who can pick up Mjolnir?
Below are several others who have been deemed worthy enough to hold the hammer.
- Beta Ray Bill: The Mighty Thor #337 (1983)
- Captain America – The Mighty Thor #390 (1988)
- Ragnarok – Dark Avengers #189 (2013)
- Wonder Woman – Marvel v. …
- Superman – Avengers/JLA #4 (2004)
- Hulk – Avengers Assemble #4 (2012)